In previous blog posts such as “Advantages of solar self-consumption” or “Investment in solar energy. What do I need to know?” we talk about the importance of the maintenance solar panels need to extend their lifespan and increase return on investment. Let’s see what specific care they need:
Cleaning solar panels
First of all, we want to emphasize that this cleaning is only for easily accessible installations, since the safety of our customers is the first thing. If your home installation is not, you can contact technical support and we will offer you other solutions.
It is a very simple cleaning and to be done 3 or 4 times a year:
- Fill a bucket with water and some soap (important not to use abrasive liquids).
- Get a soft cloth or sponge so you don’t grate the installation.
- Clean the surface and rinse the soap well so that there are no remains.
Other care to consider
- Cleaning the air inlet filters.
- Check the fixing of the panels to ensure the safety of the installation.
- Check for possible equipment degradations (cracks or other damage due to external factors).
Benefits of maintenance
- The good condition of the surface of the panels makes the use of solar energy considerably increased.
- As we said earlier, it ensures the lengthening of the service life of the installation by preventing major problems that would not arise with basic maintenance.
- The expected energy efficiency is achieved, thus saving more on the electricity bill.
Here are some ways to have basic maintenance of your solar panels. However, do not forget that at Nostresol we offer a quality technical service and maintenance service to ensure the proper functioning of the installation.
For more information do not hesitate to contact us.